Wednesday 19 November 2008

Challenge Scrapping

Well, those of you who know about the Scrapbook City Awards evening know that there were five challenges set for this competition. Well, those on the forum put out the challenge to the DT to have a go at the challenges and you know me, happy to oblige! Firstly I headed off to the shop to try and scrounge a left over kit, of which there was one so first task accomplished, then to move onto to actually scrapping!! Anyhow I have managed to complete three out of the five challenges and I thought I would load them up to share with you too! This is for Challenge #2: Use four 6x4 photos or smaller Use Patterned Paper as your background Scrap in a minimalist style Use up to 5 Embellishments only (including title and journaling...these are not compulsory, but will be counted as one item each.) May also use extra cardstock and PP as desired embellishments may be elements cut from patterned paper or handmade to suit the page Your Manufacturer is Scenic Route I really love how this one turned out. And this pattern was perfect for a Kindy themed page! This is for Challenge #3: Use a punch/edger to shape all the patterned papers, include 4 Patterned Papers, 3 Corners need to be punched, 2 Photos, 1 Title Your Manufacturer is Little Yellow Bicycle Another fun one to do, and I loved using these older photos of Niamh! And this is Challenge #4: This Layout must be about friends, and included one 5x7 photo plus 2 smaller photos, the layout must have a whimsical Style - must have a bird/s or tree/s, and stamping. Your manufacturer is Fancy Pants This was definitely a challenge, I don't think Whimsical is really my style, but I do love how it turned out! So there you go, three out of five done. All the entries that have been handed in are great! This will be one tough competition! I am glad I am not judging!! And not long now until the Christmas party where the winners will be announced. That is it for now! Thanks for stopping by and catch you soon.

3 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

these Layouts are wonderful...so bright and colourful...love them

Angela said...

They look great Katie!

Anonymous said...

Katie I love all your challenges and cannot wait to see you.

Carole xx