Thursday 8 April 2010

Been playing with inks!

Well, I have been playing with distress and alcohol inks lately and I must say it is a lot of fun to be able to just play. I have been swatting up on some techniques with these inks for some upcoming classes at Scrapbook City, and other than being loads of fun it has been a relatively expensive exercise as I realise how many new things that I must have!!! These cards were made as samples using the alcohol inks, with the last two being based on ones made by Jennifer McGuire. The classes will use some of these techniques. I haven't got any photos of my beautiful butterflies yet, but I will try and get some up. These other butterflies use the same great Hero Arts stamp used above, but are coloured with distress inks and look amazing (even if I do say so myself!!). These two projects were also for Scrapbook City to show off the new Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi range. This collection is so easy to use for boys pages even though it is more aimed at us mums and our photo taking habits! In both the card and the layout I have used two great new EK Success border punches as well. I love my border punches and couldn't wait for these new releases to be in stock. These have been selling fast and I am not sure they are loaded in the on-line store but give them a call if you are after one. I do know that the Bracket (used in the card) has sold out for now so get in quick! I have also completed the April challenge for Out of the Hat. This month the criteria is:
1. Use at lease one black and white photo 2. Use a stamped image somewhere 3. Use pop dots
Lucky for me these are all things that I do regularly so the page came together pretty quickly. I also got to play with my new Pink Paisley papers!! I have also played with some Christmas papers from October Afternoon and some old photos of Erin at pre-school, that should tell you how long I have had those ones! Erin is now grade 4.... I created some rolled fabric flowers from calico and sprayed them with smooch ink and the holly leaves were cut using the Slice and the Fa La La card. And lastly for today, here is a sneak peak of my next Slice class. This class focuses on the Think Pink design card and its features and uses the lovely Kaiser Craft La Di Da papers. Well, I think that will do for now. Catch you soon!

1 comment:

Sarah Lou said...

oh my such beauty in this post. I am in total and utter love with taht butterflie card. I have wanted to play with alcohol inks fro age snow.