Monday 9 May 2011

*Warning*

Lots of layouts ahead!!!

Some new ones for May challenges and some older ones done for challenges that I didn't quite get up in time!

White With One May Challenge was "White, Orange and Scallops". I didn't realise how much orange stuff I had in my stash! I really love how this page turned out too. I think maybe because these are some of my favourite photos of my niece!


Kraft It Up May challenge. This was fun, the criteria besides Kraft - No Patterned Paper!! I had to think, but when the idea started I really had fun with it. I painted some squares and stamped various patterns into them as my base, turned out great for a boy page!!


I can't remember the site for this sketch challenge, maybe Stuck?! but either way it was for last month, or even the month before! I am loosing track. Another set of photos that make me smile. My little niece dancing. You make up your mind whether it is "I'm a little teapot" or "All the single ladies"!!! I think both work, but I immediately thought of Beyonce when I saw the sequence!!


This was done for White With One - April Challenge, which was White, Olive and Twine. I quite liked this one too, but of course I left it to the last minute to start and finish and ran out of time. Oh well, at least I am scrapping! It was nice to use some photos of DH for a change too!! (Not that he is so impressed about it!!)



And this one was a just because kind of page. It started out being inspired from some sketch I saw (perhaps a pencil lines or page map, I really can't remember now), but it took on its own life, as sketches often do. My cheeky little man and the faces he pulls. He still pulls faces, but now he looks a lot more grown up!


So that is the update for now. Lots of scrapping to catch up on and hopefully a lot more to be done. Especially since I am off on a crafty retreat this weekend!! Lots of chatting and scrapping and someone else preparing the food, who could think of anything better??!!

Catch you soon.

Katie

7 comments:

Anne P said...

Wow, you have been getting some scrappin done. I think I need to get my scrap on soon as I haven't had much time over the last couple of weeks.

Cathy said...

WOW you have been a busy bee, so many fantastic LO's!! Thanks for playing along at KIU :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Fun and lovely layout, love it, thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

Gorgeous layouts...all of them! Love your take on the WW1, great use of the scallops in the background Also love your take on the KIU one, brilliant use of those yummy Tim Holtz stamps ;)

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

So many beautiful creations Katie!! LOVE your LO for KIU.. the patchwork detail looks fantastic!! Thanks for playing along :))

Belinda said...

Your layouts are awesome Katie. Love your take on the WW1 challenges.