Wednesday 7 September 2011

September... Already

Well, here we are, September already! That means that my baby has just had his birthday and is now a big 7 year old. He had a wonderful party with his good friends in the park after school and of course received lots of lego (about his only toy interest, although the nerf guns did go down a treat!!).


September also means new scrapping challenges! Firstly, Out of the Hat's September challenge is a good one. The critera is:
1. Use something handmade
2. Include  a heart
3. Use chipboard (shape or alpha)
and this is what I came up with! I have used Basic Grey's Oxford papers for this one, and a new punch! Yes I have an obsession.... but at least I can admit it! I am also loving playing with tape at the moment too, I have used some 7 Gypsies tape on this page.


And while I was on a roll I did the Purple Pumpkin September challenge. This month is not a sketch however, there was a number criteria:
1 lollipop/flower
2 doilies
3 buttons
and this is what I came up with!


I am still getting great value out of my Crate Paper Emma's Shop kit! I think this must be about the 4th or 5th page using this collection and I still have more to use, and I just love the colours too!

So I have used a lollipop and crocheted doily from Sweet Vintage on Etsy, two of the buttons are Purple Pumpkins while the third is one I made myself from fimo, and the last doily is a paper doily which I coloured with distress ink and cut in half. Even if I do say so myself I love how this one finished up! And can you see my new punch in there too?! I think it is called eyelet lace and isn't it sweet??!!Oh, and do you like the ticket? That was a recent purchase from My Favourite Things! Lots of lovely dies and stamps over there!!! Just saying....

So, let me think, anything more to share.... no I think that will do it for now. Oh, here is one more picture, Liam's buddies put in together to buy him a big lego set for his birthday and this is what they chose:


How cool is this set? Liam already had the shuttle and smaller sets in this collection, now he has the complete set! I think I was just about as excited as he was!! And to give you an idea, the rocket stands about 50-60 cm tall! Very very cool!!

OK, now I am off! Til next time.....

1 comment:

Samantha Hauzer said...

Adorable layouts Katie! Thanks for playing along with the Purple Pumpkin challenge :)