Monday 24 March 2014

Scrap the Girls - March

I am on a roll! Another challenge completed and still a week left in March! This time I have had a go at the Scrap the Girls March challenge, which is to include doilies and/or hearts on your "girl" page. Given I have two girls I should have plenty of photos to scrap. But, now that they are teenagers this is getting harder! Lucky they will put up with my "back to school photo" request! So here is my page which has one heart and one doily.



I had some fun trying some new techniques with this one. I mixed some gelatos in with my texture past to colour it before using with my mask, then used the same colour to create some watercolour drips. Loving the watercolour look on my pages.

Oh, have I told you about a great cardstock that I have discovered?! It is a smooth cardstock by Bazzill from a range called Card Shoppe, the white is called "marshmallow". It is great because it can take a bit more water based treatment without buckling than most usual cardstocks. It is not as heavy duty as proper water colour or mixed media paper, but it is pretty good. No buckling from the watercolour on this page, and my D'Lish scraps page, which has a lot of watered ink on it, barely buckled at all! Way cool!

Otherwise, I decided to give my doily a little more interest with some bronze embossing on the edges, another look I love at the moment - metallics! Think I need some gold powder now!

Thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Katie I just love you page! Thanks for joining in at STG :)

Amanda said...

OOOO…. I missed it! Congrats on your publication!