Wednesday 28 January 2015

Scrap the Girls - January

I have been doing some scrapping for me! Yay! Been a little while. With school going back and normal routine settling in hopefully there will be more happening too.

I decided to have a go at the sketch that is up over at Scrap the Girls this month.


And for my take I rotated the sketch by 90 degrees to suit my portrait photo.


So instead of lots of embellishments to create the cluster around the photo I decided to use a Donna Downey stencil and coloured texture paste to create a flowery cluster like background. Love the intensity in the hot pink and green in the texture paste. I got this colour using Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals powders. 


A close up of the stencil work. I added some cute little Little Birdie flowers that I picked up from D-lish Scraps.


A few tab and word stickers layered amongst the patterned paper layers. I used pickled raspberry distress stain to create my splatters. So much fun doing this and I love Tim's range of brighter colours.


Chipboard title was embossed with some gold tinsel embossing powder, love using gold at the moment.

So, there you have it. Scrap the Girls for January.

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Katie I adore your take on our sketch!!
Thanks for playing along with us at STG

Lizzyc said...

This looks gorgeous Katie, love the vibrant daisy's and what a great smile too!

ros said...

love love it. Fabulous colours! thanks for joining us this month at STG's ♥

Anita Bownds said...

Fabulous page loving the colours..thanks for joining us at STG

Rikki Graziani said...

Love that your rotated the sketch. The background is amazing.Thanks for playing along with STG's

Helene Bogren said...

Love your work on the background!!! Thanks for playing along at STG!