Wednesday 25 February 2015

Show Us Your Stuff - February

So, I have squeezed in another challenge this month. I decided to go with Show Us Your Stuff, mainly because I have lots of gorgeous handmade goodies from Charm's Creations and flair from D-lish Scraps.

This month is a countdown challenge:



At first I thought it would be tricky, especially the five circles, but then I started and I ended up with more than five different kinds of circles! I was also a little stumped at first over my design due to the long narrow photos that I decided to use, but it all came together in the end. So here it is:


So my circles are - Pink Fresh Studio printed wood veneer, D-lish Scraps Flair, Freckled Fawn puffy sticker, Enamel Dot, Label, and painted dots on my background. I did these painted dots with gesso and the end of a paintbrush. You may notice some smudging, that's me forgetting it is still wet and trying to finish putting the page together! Oops...

There are four patterned papers - Navy spotty, Grey spotty, Green and Ledger.

Three photos

Two different alphas - I was thrilled to find I had a matching green thickers in my stash!

One handmade item - Charm's Creations mini arrow.


Aren't these mini arrows from Charm's Creations cute?! Love how this one works so well with the page, the purple is picked up from my daughters clothes (both of them!) and the orange of the backdrop in the photo also.


Love Pink Fresh Studio embellishments! You can find lots of these at D-lish Scraps.


Love using my Motex (also found at D-lish Scraps), and I have a tape colour for just about every situation!

Well, that's my page, thanks for stopping by.

Katie x

8 comments:

Sandra said...

Isn't it great that what you thought could be tricky with numbers of things turned out so great. Your layout looks fabulous Katie, you nailed the challenge. Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

Sue Plumb said...

Love this Katie! Great mix of papers, and I love all the awesome circles too! (I have been known to have a few smudges too - mine is usually journaling. Hehe) the pop of purple from the arrow is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at SUYS! :)

Lisette said...

Great layout Kate. Love all the circles and yes I smudge often. Why does it all take so long to dry!! Thanks for joining in at SUYS

Alison said...

Great design, love how you've used all the elements - thanks for taking the SUYS challenge :)

Amanda said...

Hey Katie... an inspired colour combo- I love it! Fab use of the criteria. Thanks for playing at SUYS.

Leanne J said...

OH MY GOODNESS>...............
blew me away when I saw it......

fantastic take on the challenge.. thank you for joining in at show us your stuff.

Chloe said...

Love this - great use of the criteria and a great design! (love that arrow!!)
thanks for playing along at SUYS :)

Paula said...

Fabulous design & take on the challenge! Thanks for joining us over @ SUYS :)