Saturday 20 June 2015

Off the Rails June Guest Designers

Not only have Charms Creations been guest designers for Kraft+ this month we are also guests over at Off the Rails Scrapbooking! This month their challenge is quite a challenging inspiration board, and to be honest it threw me a little. I think the colours were not quite my thing, but there is nothing like a good challenge to get you going!



And this is what I finished with:


So where did I start with this one, well, the colours (more or less!) and the family theme.


I coloured a DIY Charms Creations with distress ink to have it match as best I could and it turned out beautifully. To do this I swiped the ink pad on my craft mat a couple of times and spritzed with water, then I dragged the heart through to cover. After I did this I used the ink pad directly on the edges to deepen some of the colour.


I decided to add some wood veneer people, which was inspired by the paper cut out people on the board.


And lastly I also decided to make my own hand drawn heart using the end of the sprayer in my mist bottle to draw with. This kind of looks like the chalk drawn hearts on the board too.

So, there you have it, my take on this rather challenging inspiration board!

Make sure you go over and look at the other designers inspiration and maybe challenge yourself to have a go too!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: