Thursday 4 June 2015

Scrap the Boys - June

Can you believe that we are in June already?! No, well neither can I! Another year just seems to be flying by in a flurry of routine and activity.

But, a new month means new challenges and I am sharing my sample for the new Scrap the Boys challenge. This month is a sketch, I love a sketch, it takes some of the decision making away and makes creating a little simpler!

So here is the wonderful sketch:


And here is my take on the sketch:


I just love how this one turned out. I had great fun playing with some techniques and the page has ended up being so fun!

You  have to love it when you have the perfect embellishment for your page! And this Charms Creation star was the perfect colour!

I have been using my motex for titles a bit lately. I like that you can do a smaller and more subtle title this way, sometimes that is all you need! My motex writer and tape came from D-lish Scraps if you haven't got one already!

One of the techniques that I played around with on this page was using gesso as a resist medium. I used the gesso over a ScrapFx stencil and then added some distress ink swiped on a plastic bag and misted with water to create my water colour feel over the top. Remember start with the lighter colour and let it dry before adding the next colour over the top if you don't want the colours to mix and blend. I also stamped in these colours around the page for some more interest.

So, that is my creation for Scrap the Boys this month. Make sure you head over and check out the inspiration and have a go yourself, I mean it is sketch, how much easier do you want it to be?!

Don't forget our wonderful sponsors too:

http://www.imaginariumdesigns.com.au/


http://creativeembellishments.com/


Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

No comments: