Monday 27 July 2015

White with 1 July

Well, I have been busily creating away for lots of different things, but I have managed to do another July challenge. I decided to try my hand at the new colour over at WW1, this was a little challenging, it is a colour called Masala.



[marsala%255B4%255D.jpg] 
So it is a reddy brown kind of colour, and it turns out that Aged Mahogany distress ink is a pretty good match! So that is what I used to colour my bits and pieces for my page. This is what I finished up with:



I decided on these photos of my little brother getting his Land Rover henna tatto, mainly for the red door in the background and that the rest of the photo was fairly neutral in colour. Then I matted in black, I also coloured some Charms Creations DIY triangles (coming soon so keep a look out!) in a grungy kind of way and matted them also with black. There are some circles with stamps and texture paste and a flair button and in the punchinella too. Just a fun to make messy kind of page!



 I coloured a white doily to match. And I love using touches of black for contrast on these kinds of layouts. Helps things to stand out.


 Playing with some stamping too. A text background stamp from Kaisercraft and my circles from Indigo Blu!


I even found hiding in my stash a label in almost the right colour (an older Studio Calico collection).

Anyway, there you have it. It was a tricky colour, but once I found that distress ink match I was all good!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x

13 comments:

Nicole Doiron said...

Such a fun layout! Love those triangles!! Thank you for playing along with us at White with 1!

Lizzyc said...

This looks amazing! Your color is great! Love the background details! Thanks for joining in with White With One this month!

Marek said...

WOWOWOw Amazing page !!

Traceyleahenly said...

awesome layout love the colour match.

Unknown said...

what a great page! .. and a fun subject to scrap about. Thanks for playing along at White.. with 1 this month :) .. we hope you do so again soon.

The Scrapbooker's Confetti Box said...

Very funny page. You did a great job with the colour. Thanks for playing along at WW1

Tania said...

Fantastic page Katie, colour is perfect too. Thanks for joining us at WW1 :)

Marie-Eve said...

Fun and beautiful layout! Thanks for playing with us at ww1

Heidi said...

this looks amaising, I love what you have done, just simply perfect. Thanks for joining us again at WW1

Julie said...

Wow awesome page. Thanks for joining in with us at WW1.

Amanda said...

Love this page! Love how you have used the colour! Thanks for joining in at WW1.

Kylie said...

Perfect Katie, Thanks for playing along with us at WW1

Kylie said...

Fabulous layout, thanks for joining us at WW1