Wednesday 10 February 2016

Kraft+ February Challenge

There is a fabulous new challenge up at Kraft+ for the new month and it was so much fun to do. It is called "Going Postal" and here is the graphic to show you what we want:


At first I wasn't sure how I was going to tackle this one, so I started by cutting out any stamps that had come in on mail and parcels. Turned out I had quite a few! I have also set myself a little personal challenge of using more stamping in my pages this year (I have quite a collection!) and I found the perfect postage stamp in amongst my Tim Holtz collections. So armed with these goodies I started creating....

You can probably see that my background is basically all about the stamps! I even found some postage stamp washi amongst my stash too.

I coloured a DIY Charms Creations heart with ink after a layer of matte gel medium, then repeatedly stamped across it. With the gel medium it gives a better base for stamping to take and the ink or mist doesn't soak in and saturate it either. I was really pleased with how this turned out! The black paint beside the heart is actually a bit of Colour Blast texture paste in Dusty Charcoal. I am loving adding this like paint!


I found a great chipboard alpha in my stash too, a Freckled Fawn one (I think) and it was the perfect colour to match this page.


Also hiding in my stash were these wood veneer stamp frames. I can' quite remember who they were from though. But they seemed to work in perfectly!

A fairly simple layout, but one I really loved after I finished.

I hope you get a chance to join in at Kraft+ this month!

Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x



No comments: