Wednesday 17 February 2016

Scrap the Boys February Challenge

Well another year is well and truly off at a sprint! But now that school is back in swing I have been finding some pockets of time for myself! With that time I decided to have a go at the new Scrap the Boys challenge which happened to be a sketch! I do love a sketch!




And this is what I came up with:


This is my little man on his first day back at school last year, because we don't want to rush these things! I have also made a little deal with myself to try and use more of the stash of embellishments that I have collected and also to stamp more!  (Not that it is stopping me from buying more of course...) To that end I have used some bronze foiled stars and letters from Studio Calico on this page and stamped some labels as well as the date. Oh and the paper is an older SC range.


I have split the Rainbow Splendour vellum bow on either side of the photo and found it is a great way to utilise these bows without the need for quite so much space. One part of the bow is layered with some leaves, also from Rainbow Splendour and also a Charms Creations Super Star. On the other side of the photo is a cute Terrific Tab also from Charms Creations.


I quite like these bronze foiled stars! And I must use my label stamps more often, so great for layering and journaling.

So that is it from me today. Thanks for stopping by,

Katie x



4 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it.

Rachel Dutko said...

Fantastic back to school layout Katie! I am the same, I really should use my embellie stash, but I do buy more!! And very clever with the RS bow! Thanks for joining us at STB

Elisa Ablett said...

Awesome layout Katie, love the embellies you used, STB :-)

Sandra said...

Loving the colours on your layout Katie, and such appropriate themed papers. This is a really cool layout.